|Chinese stir fried cauliflower and broccoli|
A friend mentioned about me cooking Chinese vegan food :)) … well, lots to come…
Couple of days ago, I was too lazy to move out from the sofa, until dinner time came, I got left with very little time to prepare, so I did a ‘quick fix’ :), this is one of the dishes – stir fried cauliflower, broccoli and carrot.
Cauliflower and broccoli
Honestly, I was never a huge fun of either of these three cooked vegetables. But I knew they are very healthy food, had to have them time to time, now I even became really liking them. This kind of mix is not a very very typical Northeast style, it was originally only just cauliflower (sometimes with carrots), but I found it a bit ‘boring’, so started adding broccoli in, plus, broccoli has lots of good properties for helping with vitamin C intake, repairing the cell, anti-aging …… right?
Vegetables like these, personally I don’t like them to be too soft, I like them cooked but still a bit crunchy in mouth. :) So it really didn’t have to take too long to cook them.
Ok, I did it in two steps: 1) briefly boil the vegetables; 2) stir-fry them together with oil and garlic.
Here you go:
Chinese Stir fried cauliflower and broccoli recipe
Broccoli , cauliflower and carrot
Oil, garlic, salt, Mushroom essence’ ( or MSG, both optional)
1) Bring the water to boiling, then put all the vegetables in. Only leave it for couple of mins, then take them out, drain. (This way 1 is to get rid of the ‘raw’ taste of the vegetables; 2 is to clean them properly – after seeing a little worm in the broccoli, I got a bit scared of the cleanness of it.)
2) Chop 3 cloves garlic.
1) Place a wok on the medium-high fire, pour around 4 table spoons of oil in the wok. When the oil is heated up, put chopped garlic in.
2) Wait until the smell of garlic comes out (only a few seconds later), put all of the vegetables in, and half spoon of salt. Stir fry.
3) 1 minute later, put one quarter tea spoon ‘Mushroom essence’ ( or MSG, however, this is totally optional), mix well, and remove them to a plate -your dish is done! Quick, no?
If you like the vegetables soft, boil a little bit longer, but too long can reduce the benefits of broccoli. Also unless you really like the taste of the soy sauce, I wouldn’t advice to put soy sauce in. Soy sauce with half boiled cauliflower is not super good combination — but it depends on different person’s taste though. If you like to put light soy sauce in, put it right before you finished the cooking.Oh, also, pay attention to your fire when stir-frying, don’t get them burnt.
Five a day is almost there! :)) — Good to go with boiled rice. Healthy and lazy solution.
- Mushroom essence ( or MSG, both optional)
- Bring the water to boiling, then put all the vegetables in and leave them boil for a couple of minutes.
- Take the vegetables out and drain.
- Chop three cloves garlic.
- Place a wok on the medium-high fire, pour four table spoons of oil in the wok. When the oil is heated up, put chopped garlic in.
- Wait until the smell of garlic comes out (only a few seconds later), put all of the vegetables in, and half spoon of salt. Stir fry.
- One minute later, put one quarter tea spoon Mushroom essence (optional).